Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Friday, December 10, 2010

My arrival in Tassie

I'm Elwood
My name is Elwood and I'm a chocolate lab puppy. I was born Oct 3 2010 and as far as puppies go I think I'm in the adorable category. I have lovely hazel green eyes (they were blue when I was little) which seem to make people I look at all soft and cuddly. I also have lovely soft dark chocolate fur, and massive paws which I seem to trip over a lot.

I flew from Ballarat to Tasmania to join my new pack on Dec 9th. They're quite nice, I think I'm going to like it here. The Alpha male (Graham) is white haired, in his 50's in people years, firm and fun. The Alpha female has brown and gray hair, and is a push over. I think she's wrapped around my little paw already. There is no doubt who the dominant dog is in this pack.

The day I arrived in Hobart was huge for a puppy my age. I arrived at the airport in Hobart in my travel crate with my teddy and some blankets, along with 2 other dogs who were much older than me. The quarantine man gave me a friendly pat on the head and let me through. My new pack was there to greet me. I was relieved to see they looked kind and friendly. They greeted me, and Julie poured water into her hands for me to drink so I could get used to her smell and taste. The male, Graham took me out of my crate, and put me on some grass so I could stretch my legs and have a pee before we headed out.

Graham put me onto Julie's lap in the truck, what a bunch of new smells!! I sniffed and sniffed like crazy!  She had my blanket and teddy on her lap with me so I felt OK. She smells pretty good, so soon I snuggled in and relaxed and when Graham shifted gears, I stretched out my nose and sniffed him too as we drove along. He smells good too.

I told them in puppy I had to have a pee, but gheesh it took them a while to get it.  However, they must have understood as we stopped at a park on the way home so I could have another pee, and a little romp. That was nice and I felt quite happy to get back into the truck on Julie's lap for the rest of the trip home.

I love my new yard! It's got a little pond with fish in it (and a grate over it so I don't fall in).  They put a gate at the bottom of the driveway to keep me in and other animals out, and it's all mine!!

I have a lovely one bedroom & den dog house with a little yard penned in, a mat & lovely big bowls, as well as an inside crate and blanket to snooze in. Teddy and I romp around a lot.  They had some toys ready for me to play with but what I really love is the pine cones, rocks and garden mulch. Now that's FUN.

I payed around for a while, and had dinner and after such a big day, I had a little play with Graham outside then settled into my outside house for the night. There was a storm coming and lightning so they came and brought me inside. Whew.

Graham came back at 5am and woke me up to have a play outside. Gheesh, can't a fellow sleep in around here?  I did have a nice looong pee so I guess it was good timing.  Julie went off to work and I hung out with my new best friend Graham.  We had some outside play time, and patrolled the yard, and had some slow afternoon snoozed in the living room.

I met some other people, Auntie Gina came around, then Auntie Rose & Uncle George brought their dog Winnie over. She's hot, but older and I think she kind of likes me although I have to run after her a lot.

When they all left, we just hung out and watched a bit of TV, although I must admit I was so tired I think I fell asleep. It was windy and horrible all night, so I was sleeping in my big crate in the Garage.

Graham came down again on Day 3 and I'd had an accident. I'd pooped in my crate, and managed to roll in it just a little bit. We had fun cleaning up though, and I had a bath. (I don't like the hair dryer) but the bath was OK.  My pac had a talk and decided to re arrange my accommodation.  I still have my house outside, but while the weather is so unsettling (hence scary) they moved my fence into the Garage, and put my little crate inside with some paper in case I need it, and have the radio on for me.  I think I like this a lot better.

We went over to Winnie's to help her people with something and hung out. (I had a tiny accident inside, but they were very gracious so I didn't feel too bad).  We went for a walk, and hung out on the balcony and Winnie and I played a lot. It was good, but boy did it tire me out. Thank heavens I'm a dog and can sleep anywhere.  I was out cold!

Well, that's it for now.  Got to sleep some more.....

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Elwood. Your family in the great white north (Your mom will have to expalin snow) of Canada is anxious to hear more of your adventures. You have a cousin here in Canada, his name is Jigs and he is a goldendoodle.
    Great Blogging for one so young.
    Uncle Craig
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

    ReplyDelete