Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Irrisistable Ugg Boots

I think I'm settling in quite well. There are however one or two things I've found that call me. They are things that have a strong smell of my pack. Things Graham and Julie wear on their funny paws, they call them Ugg Boots and they are absolutely irresistible to me. I know I'm not supposed to nibble on them, but the smell seems to call me from a distance.

I can be playing in the yard with them and joining them for a wander down the driveway. When I get to the top of the driveway by the garage door, the irrisistable smell of the boots wafts towards me and I swear I can't stop myself. The smell wafts into my nostrils and whispers in my mind like a quiet voice, telling me I need to come to them. Then it grows louder and  demands my attention, telling me it's OK to go....to the shoe rack.

I look at my pack as they smile and call me, patting their legs, and I sit down trying to resist the call of the Ugg Boots. The aroma sneaks into my nostrils and seems to hook into my brain telling me to come to the shoe rack. It tells me it's OK to have a little lick, just one lick, then I can go join them in a walk.One lick, and I think , I can leave them if only I put my head inside the boot and have one little head rub inside and a sniff ....and the next thing you know, I have my head inside, and I'm shaking the Ugg boot like I'm a crazy mad dog, nibbling at the edges, and then can't seem to stop myself and let go when they inevitably find me.

Then I become a puppy possessed. Mmmmm it's just so delicious, don't be mad at me because I find your scents so irresistible.

It's like when I sniff you up close. I can't seem to stop myself from making the transition from a sniff to a lick, to a nibble of your clothes, then a nibble of your hand. I don't really think of my teeth as little needles, but I honestly do try to stop myself. You're just so delicious!!  Mmmmmmmmm.  I'll try to contain myself.

I do understand the need to be firm with me so people want to be around me, it's just difficult for me to remember yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment