Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 3

I'm liking it here, there's no doubt, but they do have a few more rules than I'm used to. I ask you, what's so bad about a little chew here and there? They've moved the carpets out of the front room and the hallway, which is fun if I want to slide.

I've learned a few new words, in the last couple of days.  They get really excited when I:
- have a pee outside and tell me I've done a good wee
- when I come when they call my name
- when I sit when they ask me too.
then I hear good boy, good dog, good wee, good come, good sit, good Elwood.
-   I'm not sure what Monster means but apparently I can be one. It must be related to doing really fun stuff as that's normally when I hear it. I also hear No Bite with a stern voice when I try to eat their clothes or play bite with them, so I'm starting to think they don't want me to do that. I've noticed they don't have that same excitement in their voice when they say it.

I like the new pen set up a lot. Although I did have a little accident last night, we had a good evening, hanging out watching TV. I even persuaded Julie to help me up onto the couch. It was nice to snuggle in her lap, then I spread out onto those soft cushions leaning on her, then I sprawled over as much as I could. nudging her into the corner with my feet, while I reveled in the space and comfort of it, and snoozed through the movie. Another new word I've learned is snore. They say I do that too. It must be cute as I'm a puppy after all.

This morning Julie  let Graham sleep in and came down. I was very happy to see her and jumped in joy. We went outside and wandered around, she did look quite sleepy.  We were having fun, and I had a pee so we came in to make me breakfast and her a coffee.  She was a bit sad the coffee machine had run out of water, but filled it up, and told me we had 20 minutes before she could make her coffee. She gave me my breakfast, and grumbled about the freezer door being left open all night (by her) and the things that needed to be tossed out, except something called a crayfish they had there for Christmas. Graham thought they should eat them tonight, and get fresh ones for Christmas to freeze.  While she was waiting for the coffee machine, and grumbling in the freezer, I suddenly had the urge to poop. Just as I looked around to see if she noticed she shouted Elwood Noooooo, as my poop hit the floor. Then we played a great chasing game and I finished the job beside the dining room table. We went outside quickly after that, but I was all done at that point. I'm not sure why this was so traumatic for her before she had her coffee?

When Graham came down, we moved all the furniture and the pen and he washed all the floors and told me we were starting fresh again. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but he liked it when I looked at him and wagged my tail.

We hung out for the afternoon, Julie gave me a squeaky tennis ball, but I had already gotten this FABULOUS black empty plant pot. Now that's a toy!!  I played with that for hours. Nap time next....

No comments:

Post a Comment