Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My yard is changing and me at puppy school

What's happening to my yard?

One day last week I was in my pen when I heard a commotion out front. I didn't know what to do so I called out like crazy. My people came home, and let me out and as I rounded the corner to the front yard I thougth holy smokes, I'm going to get in big trouble for this!!


See the hole I saw when I came around the corner?  Yikes!!

They assured me it was all OK. The front yard was dug up past any of my hole digging efforts. Actually I was rather impressed and eager to investigate. There were clumps of grass to shake and dirt to run through and piles of dirt to paw through. Very cool really, and I can't understand why they were so adamant I stay out of it.

The next day, There I was in the back in my pen when I heard another truck come up and a bunch of noise. This time at the end of the day when I rounded the corner, there was a lot of metal stuff laying on the front by the hole.

Thursday Graham was home, so I knew anything that happened would be sanctioned by him. Whew!  Just as well, as up came a couple of trucks again, they put the big metal mesh in the hole, then a really big truck came up and for the love of God, THEY FILLED MY NEW HOLE!  What the heck??



Graham seemed happy with it, but I can tell you I wasn't. I hadn't sniffed half of the hole yet. However, there were still some piles of dirt for me to push through so I was somewhat molified. Although my Alpha Male pushed all the dirt back into the edge between the new concrete and the dirt. Tsk... more fun lost. Drat.



Actually, now that it's all finished, it's not too bad. It seems to make them happy and I suppose that's a good thing. Graham even signed our initials in the corner (I get a paw print which I think is rather artsy and very me)

Puppy School - 2nd Session

We've been working hard at the lessons since last week. Stay and heel I thought I knew, but now we've got a hand signal and leg signal to work on. Gheesh, can't we just chase butterflies?

My humans have taken me to the dog beach on Saturdays so we've had a good time there. I love how much fun I can have there with the other dogs.

I got to see Winnie the other night when Julie and I had our evening walk. I smelled her from afar and kept running ahead and looking back at Julie. I tell you, when I caught Rose's scent along with Whinnie and it was fairly close, I lost it and ran for them. Julie wasn't very happy with me, but I just love Winnie and her look but don't touch attitude drives me wild.

Anyway, back to Puppy school. Graham and Julie took turns walking me around the grounds early, and lots more dogs seemed to be here. Some of them aren't very friendly and I'm not sure why they're here, but I don't care. There's always someone new to sniff and play with. Today there was a labradoodle that I couldn't get enough of and a Grate Dane named Scarlet that was very attractive. She stood beside me and I think she thougth I was hot.

The Labradoodle wanted me, and Scarlet in between us. Both very hot gals.
I did quite well in the call to come while playing - Julie kept a nibble in her hand that kept my attention. I was more than a little distracted when standing in line, with Scarlet and the little brown labradoodle, but not as bad as last week.  It was Scarlet's first day so I was pointed to as a good example. I can't remember why, but I was very proud.


The Instructor pointing me out
 All in all a nice day. Next week is the assessment, then Easter holidays and I go up into dog obedience training. Yikes!

Oh yes, and today I got to see my cousins Meg and Reily on Skype on the computer. I had to play stupid puppy and pretend I didn't understand the technology, but I think I might be able to get through to them during the week.  Haaa haaaa... they'll never know......  Woof Woof, Elwood.

1 comment: