Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Red lights and finally .... the couch

Thanks to all you other secret computer using dogs out there. I love your notes, and comments. It’s the secret life of a dog that keeps us sane while we give them those goofy sad eyes and happy faced pants they love so much.

Life around the compound; has taken on a comfortable rhythm. My people seem to be slaves to routine. The light goes on upstairs shortly after I wake up and call to them. One of them comes down and gives me breakfast (they take turns) and cleans my pen, then we go for a walk up Oxley’s where I get let off the lead and can run around and explore as we walk. That’s a ½ hour jaunt.  Then back home, they eat, have some of that bitter dark stuff they drink (I sneaked a lick, why do they drink it every morning?  Yuck) Then 3 days a week, I go back in my pen with a yummy marrow bone, my toys & I listen to the radio and do dog stuff for the day.  When they come home, I tell them how happy I am to see them, they feed me dinner, and we have another walk and play, then they eat. Then its TV time and if the skies are clear, Graham takes out his huge telescope and we look at the starts.   Thursday, Graham and I hang out and Friday’s and the weekends we’re all together.

Don't get me wrong, I have Teddy and Kitty I pal around with. As a matter of fact, Kitty and I nap together regularly.

Me and Kitty Snoozing
Red Light

Some times when Graham is setting up his big telescope, he uses this red light he calls a laser to set it up.  I notice sometimes the light escapes and darts around the ground. I run like a crazy think trying to catch it and give it back to him but it just circles around just out of reach, it’s ever so fast.  The red light even ran up Julie’s legs once. I tried to get it off her, but it’s just too fast for me.  Thankfully it didn’t seem to bother her, and then it disappears.  I’m sure it’s cause it’s tired of me chasing it. I know I’m pooped when it goes.

Finally, the couch

Yesterday Rose, George & Winnie were over. That cute little vixen of a little white dog always gets to sit on Rose’s lap when they’re here. I try to get up too but they shoe me away. Last night I finally wore them down. When they were outside looking at the stars, I got up on the couch and tried out the pillows, and I must say, it was really comfortable.  I was up there for quite a while before they noticed. Darn glowing red collar gave it away.


Caught on the couch


First they told me to get down, but after I snuck up there a couple more times, Graham put a blanket on the couch and said it was OK for me to be up there.  He he he…. I knew I’d get him.  First the couch… Hmmmm what next???? 

Shoot, they’re coming in from the garden… got to run around and look floppy eared and puzzled , they like that.  Woof woof  Elwood

1 comment:

  1. Patches: commented on Facebook
    "Elwood I have to tell you this my adults screwed up and fed me two dinners the other night, I'm suppose to be dietting. When they came home I was soo pleased with my full stomach and there was nothing they could do about it, HEE HEE!"

    ReplyDelete