Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another guest

We had some of my human's pack come to stay from a place they called Canada.  They were really nice, and I liked them immediately 'cause they have the pack scent.  Although I was back on the mat, while they sat on my couch in the evenings, they paid me a lot of attention which I enjoyed.

One day, as usual they all headed out for the day, but only my humans came back. Sad as it was to see them leave, it was Soooo nice to be back on the couch.  I stretched out, heaved a heavy sigh and relaxed full length.  Heaven.

No sooner did the humans go to work on Monday, than Rose and George dropped Winnie off for a play date.  That was nice and she stayed for dinner... then had a sleep over... and hasn't left since.

Looks like she's staying with us again for a while.  It took while for me to make sure she realised who's the favourite dog around here.

I had to do things like, when I lay on the couch, in stead of leaning my head on Julie or Graham, I put almost my whole body on them, then I looked at Winne to make sure she saw me, and I went to sleep.  She's got her own bean bag chair and seemed happy enough.

Next thing I know, Julie has Winnie on her lap every now and again. She tells me to be nice to her, and not to be jealous. Hmphh.  as if. I know I'm the favourite.

Actually, We're having a lot of fun.  I jump around her and bark and yelp, and she barks back.  I seem to do most of the jumping.  We even snooze together, and now they've let her up on our big bed (How did she get allowed up there? I'm only allowed for a little visit if they're having a weekend coffee and read.)

I was pleased to see her have a couple of baths after rolling in poop in the filed. She seemed quite surprised, and clearly doesn't like them.
 I don't know what the big deal is, they use warm water, then you get to lay around and get dry.   i tried to show her how easy it is.

So, there you have it for the moment.... Elwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment