Elwood

Elwood
Happy Face 6 Months

Saturday, February 26, 2011

First time at the Kingston Dog Beach



Who Loves You?
 
I guess it's just more proof that I am growning, It appears I'm too big to be a lap dog, so I get my hugs sitting up.  I weighed yesterday at 22 kilo's exactly. I will be 5 months old on March 5th.
Our resident Parrot friends Pete, Pete and Big Pete have brought a little friend along with them lately. What a lovely colour, This little fellow fairly shouts good weather, don't you think?

 I had a big day today! I had my 2 1/2 kilometre morning walk, then ... 

A man and his dog

My Alpha male Graham, made me feel like a big dog for sure. He took the small puppy crate which I had fit nicely into for my flight here from the kennel, out of the back of the truck and put in my big one. It's official; I'm more dog than puppy now. I have way more room in it. My pack popped me in my bigger crate, and we went on a very mysterious adventure. 
We stopped at Kinston Beach and walked along the path, past the beach volley ball players, (where I enjoyed some attention and a few pats from the officials) to the KINGSTON DOG BEACH.  Wow, it's totally for us canines, complete with a huge "Off the lead" area. As I walked I could hear loud noises, that seemed to come from the salty water, Julie told me they were waves, and explained it was them crashing
Florence teaches me the ropes at Kingston Dog beach
 onto the beach I could hear.  I wasn't game to go jumping into them yet they're a bit un nerving.


It was very exciting as there were so many new smells to sniff out as we walked along the path and people who wanted to pat me.  I met a new friend, Florence a medium sized Labradoodle like my cousin Jigs only smaller and less curly


She loves to play and we had a great time running around each other, into the freshwater, rolling in the sand, sniffing the seaweed and jumping. It was fabulous fun.  And there was so much room to race around in. I definitely had my happy face on!


 
Who's faster??
I thought I could run fast until my experience at the beach. These other dogs are very fast too. I had to really push myself to stay in front.











Mommy!!!!
I met lots of other dogs during my walk. From a huge Burmese Mountain Dog, to the tiny Springer Spaniel puppy (from the same pack). The Dalmatian had me running back to the safety of my pack. I wasn't quite sure about him.


I had some time with Graham throwing sticks into the water for me. I wasn't that keen on fetching, but the whole water experience was really quite fascinating!
I even tried sniffing under water.





Toby and me, playing
 
I met another Chocolate Lab puppy from the mainland whose birthday is 4 days after mine. His name is Toby and for 4 days younger than me, he's much bigger. He's from the mainland but another breeder, and they think he'll be over 70 lbs when he's grown. We had a lot of fun together, and even though he is bigger, I held my own with him. Julie said it was lucky he had a collar on, or she wouldn't know which of us was which.
After all the excitement of these new dogs, we walked back to the car on our own. It was nice to just walk with my pack, to be truthful, I was quite pooped.  I had a huge snooze, then another Oxleys Road walk after dinner.

What a HUGE day!!
 

The other dogs are fun, but I like this best


No comments:

Post a Comment